Beginning as an egg supplier, Cotati Food Service has grown into a full-service distributor servicing restaurants, delis, schools and universities, caterers, grocery stores, and manufacturers. They continue to expand the number of customers it services and the products it supplies, offering a complete line of refrigerated and frozen foods, dry goods, produce and nonfood items.
Their logo – redwood trees – reflects more than just their local foundation. It also represents the company’s stature and stability – tall and strong. The company is locally owned, having begun in 1938 as Oretsky Eggs. From there, a few changes occurred along the way to today’s Cotati Food Service:
Morry Oretsky founds Oretsky Eggs in Cotati, CA
The company expands its product line to include butter and cheese
The company’s name is changed to Cotati Brand Eggs
Mike Kenney becomes a partner; his wife, Charleen, joins the business
Mike and Charleen become the sole owners of Cotati Brand Eggs
The company moves to its current location and becomes Cotati Brand Eggs Food Service
Ed Maybrun joins the company
Ed becomes a partner in the company, and the name is changed to Cotati Food Service
The company expands its warehouse, adding 22,000 SF of space
Ed and his wife, Carrie, become the sole owners of Cotati Food Service
Ed and Carrie, lifelong Sonoma County residents, know that what they provide to their customers ends up with in local communities; communities in which they live as well.
The company was founded on superior service, and it remains the cornerstone of company values. Their passion for maintaining state-of-the-art equipment, trucks and facilities ensures that customers receive their products in excellent condition. It also reflects the pride and care they take in providing products and service of the highest quality.
Cotati Food Service
441 Houser Street.
Cotati, CA 94931
-Article written by Susan Kashack